14 Apr Wozzon Newquay?
Newquay is a mecca for events in the summer so if you haven’t already booked take a look at our top 5 ‘go-to’ events and plan your holiday around these.
- Boardmasters – without a doubt this is one of the UK’s coolest music festivals. Situated on the cliff top above Watergate Bay, you can watch acts such as Chase & Status and James Bay at the same time as watching the sunset over the Atlantic Coast. You can stay on site but if camping is not really your style then there is a regular bus service to the site from Newquay so can have the best of both worlds. 10-14th August 2016. boardmasters.co.uk
- The Night Surf – This is the only event of its kind in the UK and it really is spectacular. The UK’s best surfers compete for the title on a floodlit Fistral Beach. There is live music in the cafes, bars and restaurants on the beach all weekend and a ‘bravo’ firework display on the Saturday night. 10/11th June 2016.
- Electric Beach – dubbed as the UK’s greatest beach party ‘Electric Beach’ is on literally on Fistral Beach. This year, headlining are the Levellers and De La Soul. There are also a few cool after parties in the town, but make sure you get your tickets in advance. 8-9th July 2016 – www.electricbeachfestival.co.uk
- The Crantock Bale Push. Slightly outside Newquay in the rural village of Crantock is probably one of the UK’s funniest events. A bale push. You can spectate or join in as anyone can register a team but we warn you now the locals take this very seriously. The start and finish are in between the villages to pubs so you watching is a entertaining as participating. Friday 9th September 2016. Facebook: Crantock Bale Push
- Polo on the Beach – Watergate Bay. Celebrating its 10th year, Polo on the beach is a dynamic, action packed event that attracts over 10,000 spectators. There is also lots of stuff going on at the beach and plenty of amazing places for foodie lovers to get their fix including Fifteen Cornwall and The Beach Hut .19-20th www.watergatebay.co.uk/polo/