Having such a fantastic central location does have the one drawback in that we are not the easiest hotel to find by car!
The GPS/Satnav apps we’ve tried that work are: ‘Google Maps’, ‘Tom Tom GO’ and ‘MAPS.ME’.
‘iMaps’ takes you to our door though it does take some back streets.
‘Waze’ will get you to the back of the hotel which isn’t too difficult to figure out from there, but also takes you through the back streets.
Or follow our own step-by-step directions below:
Road Directions to Hotel Sunnyside
• Leave the M5 at Exeter to join the A30 (Okehampton, Bodmin)
• Leave the A30 for the A392 (Newquay) at Highgate Hill Junction
• After 4 miles on the A392, you will reach Quintrell Downs. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and carry straight over on the A392 (signposted Newquay and Fistral beach). Do not take the 3rd exit, which will bring you into the wrong side of Newquay
• At the next roundabout by the Kings Head pub, continue straight over
• At the bottom of the hill, take the 2nd exit at the roundabout to the right, continuing on the A392
• Continue past the Texaco garage, straight over the next roundabout (signposted Newquay town centre), and continue up the hill on Gannel Road
• At the next roundabout (Mount Wise roundabout) at the top of the hill, take the 2nd exit (straight over) onto Tower Road (signposted Fistral Beach)
• Continue on Tower Road past the Spar store and take the next right into Hope Terrace, marked with an orange Sainsburys sign
• Hope Terrace leads into Trevenna Terrace
• On Trevenna Terrace you will see the British Legion on your left. Keep to the right and continue around to the right into Manor Road (signposted Outbound traffic and Bus station)
• Shortly after, take the very first left, directly after Newquay Baptist Church towards the Lighthouse Cinema. DISREGARD THE PEDESTRIAN ACCESS ONLY SIGN. This is the ONLY route to the hotel!
• Onto Central Street past the entrance to the cinema, following the road around the Central bar and past the ic clothing store
• Opposite the Londis store, before the Kook juice & smoothie bar, take the right turn into Beach Road.
• At the junction by the Harry Ramsdens restaurant, keep to your left and continue down on Beach Road towards the sea front & the Walkabout bar, ensure you pass alongside Wild Cherry and Chy bar. Do NOT take the right turn in to Beachfield Avenue.
• From Beach Road, take the right turn into The Crescent (signposted The Crescent Hotels) towards the main entrance of the Walkabout. Go past the Walkabout (on your left), then continue around and Hotel Sunnyside is on the right hand side
Flights are available direct to Newquay Airport from various airports throughout the UK and Ireland. Newquay airport is located 6 miles away from Hotel Sunnyside. There is a taxi rank at the airport or you can pre-arrange one with A2B on 01637 877777.
Summer flight schedule:
• Belfast City
• London Stansted
• London Gatwick
Via rail, you can travel to Newquay changing at Par.
Directions from Newquay Train Station
• From Newquay train station, turn left onto Cliff Road and continue past Burger King and Aldi
• At Berties nightclub, turn into East Street so you pass the Hotel Victoria
• Stay on East Street until you come to Bank Street where you will notice Barclays bank
• On Bank Street pass Barclays
• Take the next right onto The Crescent towards the sea front. We are 50 yards down on the left hand side.
Or book a taxi with A2B on 01637 877777
You can travel by coach to Newquay with National Express or Mega Bus.
Directions from Newquay Bus Station
• With Newquay bus station facing behind you, walk left until you reach the Newquay Arms pub
• Take the alley way down into the town centre alongside the Concho Lounge pub onto Bank Street (you will be facing The Cornish Bakery)
• Go right on Bank Street. You will pass The Carphone Warehouse and Superdry
• Continue past until you reach the United Reformed Church (opposite Al Fresco)
• Take the left turn by the Church onto the Crescent and we are 50 yards down on the left hand side.
Or book a taxi with A2B on 01637 877777